Kings County Memorial Hospital Emergency Department closing early September 24
Health PEI advises that the emergency department at the Kings County Memorial Hospital will be closing at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 24 due to a temporary lack of staffing.
The emergency department will open Sunday, September 25 at 8:00 a.m.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 9-1-1 or seek emergency services when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
If you have any health concerns or need immediate health information, call 811 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.
Senior Communications Officer