One-hour KCMH emergency department closure
The emergency department at the Kings County Memorial Hospital (KMCH) will be closed for one hour on Wednesday, May 13, between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m., due to a planned power outage.
All other departments in the hospital will remain open.
The power is being shut off during this time to allow for an enhancement to the electrical system to allow it to service future equipment installations.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.