About: Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture
The Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture is committed to expanding Prince Edward Island's exports, creating jobs, and promoting overall economic growth and prosperity by encouraging business investment, development and sales in key economic sectors. The department strives for innovation by creating more opportunities for business, trade, jobs, and continuing to promote PEI as one of the world's best tourist destinations.
Some of the priorities in this mandate are to:
- lead the Sales PEI initiative to create greater success for PEI companies in export markets;
- review major physical assets that can translate into potential business development opportunities;
- lead the recruitment and retention of immigrant investors to PEI;
- ensure that business conditions on PEI, including red tape reduction, regulatory alignment and investment support help successful start up and acceleration;
- reach into key tourism markets in the USA, Europe and Asia; and
- Build our worldwide reputation as "Canada's Food Island."
Structure and Employees
The mandate of the section is to assist in providing a stable and fair workplace environment for industry and labour thus maintaining uninterrupted production of goods and services. This section includes the Labour Relations Board, the Employment Standards Board, the Office of the Employer Advisor, the Office of the Worker Advisor and the Workers Compensation Appeal Tribunal.View employee list
Agencies, Boards and Commissions
- Anne of Green Gables Licensing Authority
- Charlottetown Area Development Corporation
- Charlottetown Civic Centre Management Inc.
- Fathers of Confederation Buildings Trust
- Finance PEI (Finance PEI Board)
- Heritage Places Advisory Board
- Innovation PEI (Innovation PEI Board)
- Island Investment Development Inc.
- Lucy Maud Montgomery Foundation
- PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation
- Summerside Regional Development Corporation
- Tourism Arbitration Board
- Tourism PEI Board
- Workers Compensation Board