Addiction Services CRAFT Group - Montague
What is CRAFT and how can it help my loved one with their addiction treatment?
Community Reinforcement Approach and Family Training (CRAFT) teaches the skills needed to meet the challenge of a loved one’s problematic substance use. It is evidence-based family therapy approach which was developed at the University of New Mexico by Robert Meyers, Ph.D. and colleagues.
This comprehensive method accomplishes three goals:
- To help family members learn new ways to encourage their loved one to enter addiction treatment.
- Reduce their loved one’s alcohol and drug use whether they have entered treatment or not.
- Help family members learn ways to improve their home life.
Research has shown:
70% of people who use CRAFT get their loved one to enter some form of treatment. It is a non-confrontational approach to intervention that is effective and reduces relationship conflict.
What topics will be covered in the 10 week program?
- Building and Sustaining Motivation
- Road Mapping Interactions
- Improving Communication Skills
- Positive Reinforecemnt of Clean and Sober Behaviour
- The Use of Negative Consequences
- Helping Family Members Enrich Their Own Lives
- Functional Analysis
- Inviting the Substance Abuser to Treatment
Who can I contact?
Frank Connolly or Sr. Laura Kelly
Telephone: (902) 838-0960