Build A Better Home - Panel Discussion and Q&A
efficiencyPEI and the City of Summerside will host the third ‘Build a Better Home’ panel discussion and Q&A.
The panel will focusing on the following topics:
- how our homes can help conserve energy, reduce our environmental impact and save money
- Municipal energy planning;
- Solar technology;
- Sustainable lanscaping.
Panel of experts includes:
- Andy Collier, Energy Program Officer at efficiencyPEI
- Greg Gaudet, Director of Municipal Services at The City of Summerside
- David Carmichael, Horticulturist at the Department of Forestry
- Andrew Swingler, Professor at the UPEI School of Sustainable Design Engieneering
Islanders who build energy efficient homes are reducing their day-to-day energy consumption as energy use is more efficient, regardless of the heating source. Energy efficient homes cost less to operate and are a key factor in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and meeting provincial energy and climate change goals.
All are welcome to attend. The panel discussion may be of special interest for contractors, people who are considering a new home build, or renovating or retrofitting an existing home.