Gender confirming surgery is insured under PEI Medicare when prior authorization has been obtained from Health PEI. Your family physician or nurse practitioner will need to complete this form and provide the necessary attachments to Health PEI's Out-of-Province Coordinator.
This application applies to academic years after July 31, 2018
If you graduated in an education year that began after July 31, 2018, the application deadline is three years after the date you graduated from your program of study. Additionally, you must prove that you were a PEI resident for at least six (6) months immediately preceding your application. Proof of PEI residency is satisfied by providing any two of the following documents:
- ease/rental agreement, and rent receipts;
- uitility bills: electric, water, sewer, cable, and/or telephone;
- credit card bills;
- house purchase agreement/title deed;
- property tax invoice;
- documentation confirming community involvement activities;
- most recent personal Canadian income tax return, and notice of assessment;
- confirmation of PEI address from Employment and Social Development Canada;
- letter from employer; or
- PEI Motor Vehicle Registration
Applications submitted after the respective deadlines noted above, or incomplete applications, cannot be processed.
Licensed early learning and child care centres can use this form to apply for special needs grants.
Submit completed referral forms (both pages) to: BluefieldSWTReferrals@edu.pe.ca.
Submit completed referral forms (both pages) to: ColonelGraySWTReferrals@edu.pe.ca.
Submit completed referral forms (both pages) to: MontagueSWTReferrals@edu.pe.ca.
Submit completed referral forms (both pages) to: Morell_SourisSWTReferrals@edu.pe.ca.
Submit completed referral forms (both pages) to: WestisleSWTReferrals@edu.pe.ca
If you graduated in an academic year that commenced prior to August 1, 2018, the application deadline is within one year after your date of graduation from your program of study. As part of the application process, you will be required to submit the following:
- A complete Debt Reduction Grant application (see link below); and
- A copy of your degree, diploma, or certificate; and
- Loan statement balances (dated within the last four weeks) from both the National Student Loan Service Centre and Edulinx-PEI. Contact information for both lenders is provided on the application form.
Your health care provider must complete this form as part of the application process for the Ostomy Supplies Program.