Agriculture Awareness Sub-Program
The Agriculture Awareness Sub-Program will raise the profile of PEI agriculture among youth and the general public in PEI through agriculture promotional activities and events. Additionally, the program will develop and improve leadership, farm business and technical skills and encourage participation in conferences and special events for rural youth in order to increase their knowledge about agriculture.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq and other Indigenous groups;
- Agriculture producers;
- Agriculture industry organizations, clubs, and associations;
- Agri-processors; and
- Organizations with a registered charity number, business number, and/or incorporated number.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Development and coordination of promotional events and campaigns, programming, and training activities that increase agriculture awareness, education and literacy; and
- Activities linking industry with schools and the general public in an effort to promote agriculture.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my applications?
Applications for Agriculture Awareness will open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Applications received prior to this date and time will not be considered
For more information contact:
Community Food Security and Agriculture Awareness Agriculture Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857