Alternative Land Use Services (ALUS) Program
The Alternative Land Use Services Program is designed to increase environmental sustainability by providing financial incentive to agricultural landowners:
- to establish or maintain Beneficial Management Practices (BMPs) on agricultural land and/or
- for the removal of targeted environmentally sensitive land from agricultural production.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations who are owners of agricultural land
- Owners of Agricultural Land.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Retirement of sensitive land
- Expanding buffer zones;
- Establishing non-regulated grassed headlands; and
- Retiring high-sloped land.
- Land under conservation structures;
- Maintain livestock fencing adjacent to watercourses and wetlands; and
- Delayed hay cutting of long-term forage fields.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my application?
Applications for ALUS will open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Applications received prior to this date and time will not be considered
For more information contact:
ALUS Program Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857