ARIP: Industry Research Coordination Subprogram
Applicants wishing to apply for 2017/2018 fiscal year should contact the Program Administrator.
The purpose of the Industry Research Coordination subprogram is:
- to support commodity groups and industry organizations to implement activities related to the coordination of research for their sector.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Agriculture industry organizations; specifically commodity groups and associations
Applicants must represent all, or the majority of the agricultural producers in the commodity sector for which they are applying.
What activities will be funded?
Costs associated with the prioritization, coordination and implementation of research at an industry level.
What expenses are eligible for funding?
- Costs associated with phone, fax and internet usage
- Materials and supplies
- For demonstration and industry communication purposes, costs associated with on-farm trials related to the application of proven research
- Contracting of a third party to assist with the project (literature reviews, environmental scans, field research)
- Administration / overhead fee (maximum of 10 % of total eligible costs)
The eligibility of all expenses is at the discretion of the review committee.
What expenses are not funded?
- Capital equipment purchases
- Office or meeting room rental
- Items that can be used for multiple purposes (i.e. digital camera, GPS, Smart phones)
What funding assistance is available?
- Research Coordination projects are funded for a maximum of three years at 85% of eligible costs to a maximum of $65,000/year.
- Projects wishing to extend past three years can be funded for up to an additional two years (or remainder of GF2) at 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $40,000/year provided one of the outcomes is to provide an acceptable long term sustainability plan for research coordination.
- Applicants must represent their respective commodity group, or sector, to be eligible.
- Work must be identified as incremental and cannot be an existing role within the organization.
- Applicants will be required to provide an acceptable work plan where the scope of work will match the request for funding. It will also identify key performance indicators, outline a regular reporting schedule. Payment will be based on reaching identified milestones. If milestones are not met, the PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries reserves the right to discontinue project funding.
How do I apply?
- Contact the program lead to complete the Industry Research Coordination application form addressing each of the areas provided in the template.
- Project submissions will be received on a call for proposal basis.
Is there a deadline?
Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis.
How do I claim the funding?
To be reimbursed, applicants must submit a claim form to the Prince Edward Island Department of Agriculture and Forestry with invoices and proof of payment, project report and a program evaluation.
For more information contact:
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
PO Box 2000, 5th Floor Jones
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4815
Fax: (902) 368-4857