ARIP: Innovative Technologies Subprogram
Applicants wishing to apply for 2017/2018 fiscal year should contact the Program Administrator.
The Innovative Technologies sub-program has two purposes:
- On-Farm Diversification
- Innovative Technology Evaluation
Who is eligible for funding?
- Agriculture producers
- Groups of producers
- Agriculture industry organizations
- Multi-applicant projects are encouraged, and may be eligible for an increased funding level at the discretion of the Review Committee.
What activities are eligible for funding assistance?
- projects leading to on-farm diversification including crops, livestock, or alternative uses for agricultural products
- demonstration and evaluation of new technologies on farm
- diversification or technology innovations that are new, not generally available, or not widely adopted
What expenses are funded under this subprogram?
- New and innovative equipment and technology, including transportation and set-up costs
- Costs associated with demonstration and evaluation (to a maximum of $1,000)
- Costs associated with the on-farm establishment of a diversification project (must be new to Prince Edward Island)
- Monitoring equipment
- Materials and supplies
The eligibility of all expenses is at the discretion of the review committee.
What expenses are not funded?
- Salaries and consulting fees
- In-kind materials or labour
- Market studies
- Feasibility studies
- Business plans
- Overhead and administration costs
What funding assistance is available?
- On-Farm Diversification projects will be funded at 50% of eligible costs, to a maximum of $ 20,000
- Demonstration and evaluation of Innovative Technologies will be funded at 35% of eligible costs, to a maximum of $ 30,000
Applicants are eligible for a maximum of $ 100,000 over the five year period (2013 – 2018). A maximum of $60,000 may be approved in any one year.
How do I apply?
- Complete the Innovation Technologies application form addressing each of the areas provided in the template.
- Project submissions will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
Is there a deadline?
Proposals will be accepted until funds are fully committed
How do I claim the funding?
To be reimbursed, applicants must submit a claim form to the Prince Edward Island Department of Agriculture and Fisheries with invoices and proof of payment, project report and a program evaluation.
Forward completed application and claim forms to:
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
PO Box 2000, 5th Floor Jones
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 314-0828
Fax: (902) 368-4857