Innovative Technologies Sub-Program
The Innovative Technologies Sub-Program will support implementation of technologies, which are leading edge, potentially high-risk and first of their kind to the province or region, including on-farm crop and livestock diversification
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agricultural producers;
- Agriculture industry organizations, clubs, and associations;
- Groups of agricultural producers and
- Small to medium sized agri-businesses.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Innovative projects which lead to on-farm diversification including crops, livestock and alternative uses for agricultural products;
- Purchase and development of new equipment or other technologies which are innovative and not considered to be equipment/technology which are part of regular operations;
- Adapting existing equipment or technologies in a new and innovative manner for use on Prince Edward Island;
- Demonstration and evaluation of new technologies; and
- Information sharing and/or knowledge transfer activities.
Where can I find more information?
For more information contact:
Agriculture Research and Innovation Program Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857