OIDP: Implementation of Strategic Initiatives Subprogram
Applicants wishing to apply for 2017/2018 fiscal year should contact the Program Administrator.
The purpose of this subprogram is:
- to provide support to organizations to develop and coordinate projects that will increase the organic sector’s strategic capacity.
- to allow organizations, which represent PEI organic stakeholders, to implement collaborative efforts for increasing sector capacity, consumer awareness of organic products and market access for Prince Edward Island organic products.
Who is eligible?
- PEI Certified Organic Producers Cooperative
- Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network
What activities are funded?
Costs associated with development of projects that increase the strategic capacity of the organization, capture emerging opportunities or address challenges faced by the sector.
What expenses are funded?
- Consultant fees
- Project development costs
- Implementation and management costs
- Materials and supplies
- Administration /overhead fee (maximum of 10% of total eligible costs)
The eligibility of all expenses is at the discretion of the organic review committee.
What expenses are not funded?
- Capital equipment purchases
- Items that can be used for multiple purposes (ie. digital camera, GPS, smartphones)
What funding is available?
The Implementation of Strategic Initiatives Sub-Program will fund 70% of the eligible costs to a maximum of $10,000 per initiative. However, the department reserves the right to increase the funding level or the program share, based on industry impact and/or current industry trends.
The PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries will evaluate all project submissions and at its discretion may chose to limit funds associated with any of the program elements and may refuse projects even if they meet the minimum eligibility criteria.
The applicants must identify key performance indicators, outline a reporting schedule and payment based on reaching the identified milestones.
How do I apply?
Complete the Implementation of Strategic Initiatives Application form addressing each of the areas provided in the template.
Projects submissions will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Proposals will be accepted until funds are fully committed.
How do I claim?
Applicants must submit a claim form to the Prince Edward Island Department of Agriculture and Fisheries with invoices and proof of payment, project report and a program evaluation.
Forward completed application and claim forms to:
Organic Development Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
5th floor Jones Building, P.O. Box 2000
11 Kent Street
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Phone: (902) 314-0825
Fax: (902) 368-4857