OIDP: Increasing Market Competitiveness Subprogram
Applicants wishing to apply for 2017/2018 fiscal year should contact the Program Administrator.
The purpose of the Increasing Market Competitiveness Subprogram is:
- to provide assistance to farmers and processors wanting to increase their share of the certified organic marketplace
- to assist farmers and processors develop and nurture relationships between all the links of the value chain
Who is eligible?
- Agricultural producers
- Groups of Agriculture producers
- Small to Medium-sized Agri-businesses
What activities are eligible?
Financial support will be provided to assist projects that lead to improved quality and/or quantity of organic products grown or produced on Prince Edward Island. Projects should produce an increase in sales or economic growth for the applicant.
What expenses are eligible?
- Costs associated with purchase of technology to meet the quality requirements of the marketplace and to make the business more efficient
- Coaching and technical advisory services
What expenses are not eligible?
- In-kind material or labour
- On-going production activities
- Purchase of common items that can be used for multiple purposes ( ie. digital camera, smart phones)
- Purchase of breeding stock and/or seed
- Construction of new infrastructure or crop storages
- Modification to crop storages and/or other infrastructure
- Non arms –length transactions
- Feasibility studies, market scans, and business plans
What funding is available?
- funded at 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $30,000 per project per year and a maximum of $50,000 over the five year program.
How do I apply?
Complete the Increasing Market Competiveness Application form.
Project submissions will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Projects will be accepted until funds are fully committed.
How do I claim the funding?
To be reimbursed, applicants must submit a claim form to the Prince Edward Island Department of Agriculture and Fisheries with invoices and proof of payment, project report and evaluation.
Forward completed application and claim forms to:
Organic Development Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
5th floor Jones Building, P.O. Box 2000
11 Kent Street
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Phone: (902) 314-0825
Fax: (902) 368-4857