Product and Market Development Program
The Product and Market Development Program is designed to expand domestic and international competitiveness by supporting small and medium-sized agricultural producers, agri-businesses and agri-processors to expand their product base or markets through value-added and agri-food processing projects and market development activities on PEI and through intra-jurisdictional projects.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agriculture industry organizations and associations;
- Agricultural Producers;
- Provincial/Territorial Governments;
- Small and medium-sized Agri-Businesses and Agri-Processors; and
- Other applicants may be considered upon request.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Purchase of machinery and equipment;
- Attending (but not exhibiting at) a trade show once for a new market;
- Exploring new or emerging markets;
- Investigative travel to new or emerging markets;
- Incoming buyer missions of new buyers from export markets for the purpose of gathering market intelligence;
- Research for the purpose of exploring new and emerging markets; and
- Feasibility studies related to delivery of products.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my application?
Applications for PMD will open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Applications received prior to this date and time will not be considered.
For more information contact:
Product and Market Development Agriculture Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857