Who does the Provincial Veterinarian report to?
The Provincial Veterinarian reports directly to the Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries
What is their role?
The Provincial Veterinarian will:
- address the policy and regulatory issues related to:
- animal health and welfare
- cultured finfish industry on Prince Edward Island.
- oversee provincial actions in any potential disease outbreak in the livestock or poultry industries.
- oversee the health of finfish being transferred to and from Prince Edward Island
- issue certification that finfish transferred to and from Prince Edward Island meet the Atlantic Province’s health criteria requirements for the transfer of finfish.
- represent the province at the national level through membership on the Canadian Council of Chief Veterinary Officers.
Who is the Provincial Veterinarian?
Dr. Carolyn Sanford
May 9, 2017