Quality Oyster Aquaculture Program
The purpose of this program is to provide an incentive for oyster aquaculture producers to:
- Increase production through the adoption of techniques or technologies used to produce quality oysters on their leases.
- Stimulate private sector investment and develop of new job opportunities in the aquaculture sector.
Who is eligible for funding?
Any individual or legally incorporated company involved in oyster aquaculture in Prince Edward Island and holding the necessary permits, licenses and leases may apply.
The program will not normally assist more than one applicant per lease site.
What expenses are eligible for funding?
Eligible expenditures may include:
- specialized equipment and modifications
- seed collection equipment
- nursery equipment
- growout equipment
- harvesting equipment
Equipment to control predators or fouling species will also be eligible.
What expenses are not?
Not eligible are:
- real estate
- vehicles (including recreational vehicles such as ATV’s)
- outboard motors
- used equipment
- salaries and wages
Taxes paid on items assisted under this program are not eligible for assistance.
Any assets purchased prior to the date of the department’s receipt of the application will not be eligible for assistance.
What funding assistance is available?
- 33% of eligible expenditures to a maximum assistance of $5,000 for project proposals over the life of the program.
- In the event that a proposal received funding from other public sources, the funding from this program will be reduced such that the combination of all such funding sources will not exceed 75%.
How do I apply?
The proposal must be submitted in accordance with a prescribed application form complete with any required supporting documentation.
Is there program deadline?
- Applications for the program will be accepted beginning Monday, October 24 until Friday, December 9, 2016 at 5:00pm AST.
- A random draw process will be utilized to determine the order of application review.
- The applications will be processed according to the funds that are available for the Program within the fiscal year.
How do I claim?
- The project must be carried out prior to March 31 of the fiscal year of the application.
- The applicant must submit paid original invoices verified by cancelled cheques or other suitable documentation.
Forward completed, signed application (and claim ) form to:
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
PO Box 1180
548 Main Street
Montague, PE C0A 1R0
Attention: Craig Knickle
Email: dcknickle @gov.pe.ca
Phone: (902) 838-0910
Fax: (902) 838-0975
When does the program end?
The program expires March 31, 2017 and no claims for funding will be accepted with expenditures incurred after that date.