Specialized Equipment Subprogram
The Specialized Equipment Sub-Program will support organic producers to purchase equipment which will assist the implementation of pest management and soil fertility practices which will improve efficiency and competitiveness on organic farms.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations; and
- Certified Organic Agricultural Producers
What types of expenses are eligible for funding?
- •Purchase of
- Portable grain cleaners and dryers;
- Flame weeders;
- Mechanical weeders and inter row cultivators;
- Frost and green manure seeders;
- Pasture renovators; and
- Cover crop technology.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my applications?
Applications for Specialized Equipment will open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Applications received prior to this date and time will not be considered
For more information contact:
Organic Industry Development Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857