About the Building Standards Council

The role of the Building Standards Council is to advise the Minister on matters concerning the Provincial Building Code Act and regulations and to provide a liaison between the Minister and other persons or bodies interested in construction standards.

Additionally, new draft legislation draws upon members of the Building Standards Council to serve as an appeal board.

Who serves on the Board?

Membership of the Building Standards Council is detailed in the application process of Engage PEI.

Who is the minister responsible for the Board?

The minister responsible is the Minister of Agriculture and Land.


Inspection Services

Phone: 902-368-4677


Published date: 
May 27, 2019
Housing, Land and Communities

General Inquiries

Department of Housing, Land and Communities
2nd Shaw North
95 Rochford Street
Charlottetown, PE C1A 3T5

Phone: 902-218-8569