AgriInsurance (Production Insurance)
The application deadlines to sign up for AgriInsurance are:
- Livestock Insurance (dairy and beef) - March 25, 2021
- Forage Insurance - April 30, 2021
- Production Insurance - May 31st 2021
Contact your Crop Insurance Agent, or contact AICInsurance@gov.pe.ca and we will be sure to help you out. We wish all producers a safe planting season!
Production insurance provides production risk protection to producers by minimizing the economic effects of crop losses caused by natural hazards.
The Production Insurance Program is a provincially delivered program which is cost shared with the federal government through the Canadian Agriculture Partnership Agreement on Agricultural Business Risk Management.
Production insurance in Prince Edward Island is administered by the Prince Edward Island Agricultural Insurance Corporation.
What legislation applies to production insurance?
What insurance agreements are available to farmers?
- 2021 AgriInsurance (Production) Agreement
- 2021 Livestock Insurance Agreement
- 2020 Livestock Insurance Agreement
- 2020/21 Fall Perennial Crop AgriInsurance Agreement
How do producers sign-up for production insurance?
Call AIC office at 1-855-251-9695 and the office will put you in touch with a field agent. Field agents do try to make contact with any known producers before the sign up deadline.
Producers must be signed up by the application deadline with the required information to qualify for coverage for the coming year.
When are the application deadlines for production insurance?
- Winter Cereal deadline – October 31st of the year prior to harvest
- Perennial Fruit Crops – November 30th of the year prior to harvest
- Spring planted crops – May 31st of current crop year
For more details, contact:
P.E.I. Agricultural Insurance Corporation
7 Gerald MacCarville Drive
Fax (902) 836-8917
PO Box 2000