The Prince Edward Island Agricultural Insurance Corporation is pleased to announce that the provincial government through the Department of Agriculture and Land has made important changes for the 2020 and 2021 AgriStability Program Years:
- PEI will pay the provincial portion of an increase in coverage to 85%
- PEI will pay the provincial portion of removing the Reference Margin Limit
For the 2020 AgriStability Program year:
- Eligible Interim Payments will be paid at up to 75%. Those interested in interim payments should contact the office.
The 2021 AgriStability Enrolment Notices will be sent mid-March to participating producers.
If you are interested in participating in the AgriStability Program for 2021 and have not received an enrolment notice by the end of March 2021, please contact the AgriStability office at 1-855-251-9695.
Those requesting entry into the program after April 30, 2021 will not be eligible to participate in AgriStability for the 2021 program year.
Deadlines for the 2020 AgriStability Support Year
- September 30, 2021 - File 2020 Income and Expense Statements with CRA (use the T1163 form indicating whether you are an AgriStability Client; an AgriInvest Client; or, a client in both programs)(Corporate farms must submit this information directly to the PEI AgriStabiility office).
- September 30, 2021- Complete 2020 Supplemental Forms and submit to the PEI AgriStability office.
Deadlines for the 2021 AgriStability Support Year:
- April 30, 2021 - Participants from 2020-Pay fee without penalty or sign and return the “Opt Out” Form. Penalties are incurred after April 30.
- April 30, 2021 - New participants sign the 2021 Enrollment Notice and pay the fee without penalty.
- December 31, 2021 - Final Deadline to Pay 2021 Program Fees with penalty.
For more information contact the local administration office:
AGRI STABILITY Administration
Agricultural Insurance Corporation
7 Gerald McCarville Drive
PO Box 400
NOTE: New Participants should contact the Administration Office for supplemental forms.