Enrollment notices were issued to new and returning participants in late March. If you did not receive and would like an enrollment notice, please contact the AgriStability office at 1-855-251-9695. Producers requesting enrollment after June 30th, will not be eligible.
AgriStability Program Enhancements
Through the PEI Agriculture Insurance Corporation, the Department of Agriculture and Land is pleased to announce some important changes to the AgriStability Program.
These changes will provide increased support to all producers for the 2021 and 2022 Program Years:
- The Coverage Level is being increased to 85% from 70%, reducing the margin loss a producer must incur to trigger a payment.
- The Compensation Rate is being increased from 70% to 80% of the loss covered.
- The 20% Late Participation penalty for the 2021 program year will be covered and paid by the province.
*** All changes will be 100% covered by the PEI government, including the federal portion of the cost-share.
Although the 2021 enrolment deadline has passed, you can still participate in AgriStability as a late participant. View the AgriStability Late Participation Frequently Asked Questions information page.
You can access benefits early by requesting an Interim Payment. An Interim Payment is an advance on your AgriStability benefits. Please contact the office for details.
For more information, call the Agricultural Insurance Corporation toll free at 1-855-251-9695.
The Agristability Program is designed to help farm operations facing large margin declines caused by combinations of declining market conditions, production losses and increased input costs. AgriStability provides whole farm margin coverage when your farm’s program year (current year) margin falls below 70% of your farms historical reference margin. Your reference margin is reflective of your farm’s five-year historical performance using income tax and supplemental information.
Agristability is cost shared with the federal government through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) agreement. CAP is a five-year federal-provincial-territorial funding agreement that governs Business Risk Management (BRM) programs to support agricultural producers.
Programs under the BRM suite work together to cover different areas of farm risk.
How do I sign up for AgriStability?
2022 AgriStability Enrolment Notices will be sent mid-March to participating producers.
If you are interested in participating in the AgriStability Program for 2022 and have not received an enrolment notice by the end of March 2022, please contact the AgriStability office at 1-855-251-9695.
Those requesting entry into the program after April 30, 2022 will not be eligible to participate in AgriStability for the 2022 program year.
Deadlines for the 2022 AgriStability Support Year:
- April 30, 2022 - Participants from 2021- Pay fee without penalty or sign and return the “2022 Opt Out” Form. Fees and Penalties are incurred and owing after April 30.
- April 30, 2022 - New participants must sign the 2022 Enrollment Notice and pay the fee without penalty.
- December 31, 2022 - Final Deadline to Pay 2022 Program Fees with penalty.
Deadlines for the 2021 AgriStability Support Year:
- September 30, 2022 - File 2021 Income and Expense Statements with CRA using the T1163 form (Corporate farms must submit this information directly to the PEI AgriStabiility office using Statement A – Corporations & Cooperatives).
- September 30, 2022 - Complete 2021 Supplemental Forms and submit to the PEI AgriStability office.
NOTE: New Participants should contact the Administration Office for supplemental forms
For more information contact the local administration office:
AGRI STABILITY Administration
Agricultural Insurance Corporation
7 Gerald McCarville Drive
PO Box 400
NOTE: New Participants should contact the Administration Office for supplemental forms.