Beneficial Management Practices Sub-Program
Applications for all other BMP categories for this fiscal year (April 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020) are still being accepted.
Applications for the following fiscal year (April 1, 2020 - March 31, 2021) will be accepted no earlier than April 1, 2020 at 8:00 AM.
The Beneficial Management Practices Sub-Program will support the implementation of BMPs (for eligible BMPs see Appendix A of this document) on a cost-shared and/or per acre funding basis.
Who is eligible for funding?
- •Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations with valid Environmental Farm Plans; and
- •Agricultural producers with valid Environmental Farm Plans
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Education and awareness building activities for producers related to BMPs;
- Promotion, development, and implementation of BMP practices;
- Cost-shared financial support for the implementation of Beneficial Management Practices (BMPs) targeted at specific outcomes, BMP categories will include but are not limited to:
- Energy; and
- Integrated Pest Management.
How much funding am I eligible for?
A maximum of $75,000 per farming operation over the life of the CAP Agreement (2018-2032) is permitted.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my applications?
Applications for Beneficial Management Practices will open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Applications received prior to this date and time will not be considered
For more information contact:
Agriculture Stewardship Program Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857