Beneficial Management Practices Sub-Program
Call for Applications for Soil Conservation - Erosion Control Structures
The application intake is September 15, 2020 at 8:00 am for 2021-22 Erosion Control Structure projects under the Agriculture Stewardship Program - Beneficial Management Practices (BMP) Sub-Program. Applications submitted prior to September 15th will not be accepted. Applications are processed on a first come first served basis and funding will be allotted based on the 2021/22 Departmental budget.
Funding assistance is offered at 55% of eligible expenses up to $20,000 per fiscal year to a maximum of $75,000 under the Agriculture Stewardship Program over the life of the Canadian Agricultural Partnership Framework Agreement (2018-2023).
The Beneficial Management Practices Sub-Program will support the implementation of BMPs (for eligible BMPs see Appendix A of this document) on a cost-shared and/or per acre funding basis.
Who is eligible for funding?
- •Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations with valid Environmental Farm Plans; and
- •Agricultural producers with valid Environmental Farm Plans
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Education and awareness building activities for producers related to BMPs;
- Promotion, development, and implementation of BMP practices;
- Cost-shared financial support for the implementation of Beneficial Management Practices (BMPs) targeted at specific outcomes, BMP categories will include but are not limited to:
- Energy; and
- Integrated Pest Management.
How much funding am I eligible for?
A maximum of $75,000 per farming operation over the life of the CAP Agreement (2018-2032) is permitted.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my applications?
Applications for Beneficial Management Practices will open at 8:00 a.m. on April 1 each fiscal year (April 1 - March 31), with the exception of the Soil Conservation - Erosion Control Structures BMP.
Applications for the 2021-2022 Soil Conservation - Erosion Control Structures BMP will open at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
Applications received prior to these dates and time will not be considered
For more information contact:
Agriculture Stewardship Program Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857