COVID-19 Mitigation – Strategic Fund for Agriculture Project
Applications will be accepted until March 1, 2021 (all projects must be completed no later than March 31, 2021).
The COVID-19 Mitigation – Strategic Fund for Agriculture Project (SFAD) is a Strategic Industry Growth Initiative (SIGI). The project is designed to support PEI’s agriculture industry in mitigating impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic which are jeopardizing competitiveness, productivity, and profitability.
What types of expenses are eligible for funding?
Costs associated with the following:
- Activities designed to assist with the marketing, movement and distribution of product
- Activities designed to offset market access and market loss (e.g., legal or consultant fees to identify or access new markets)
- Capital expenditures, materials and/or supplies identified as essential to move through the business interruption created by COVID-19
- Assistance to address marketing challenges by implementing solutions using technology (e.g., secure e-commerce, technology to host remote meetings, etc.)
- Activities which encourage compliance with recommended CPHO protocols (e.g., adherence to recommended physical distancing, sanitation procedures, etc.)
- Training on COVID-19 protocols
- Activities designed to provide mental health support
- Other projects, activities, or items that are demonstrated to be needed to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19 on maintaining competitiveness, productivity, or profitability
Where can I find more information and apply?
Who do I contact for more information?
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 940-0871
Fax: (902) 368-4857