Elevator Drawing and Specifications for Approval
Notice - New procedures during COVID-19 Circuit Breaker
Provincial Planning and Inspection Services
The Land Division's Provincial Planning and Inspection Services Sections offices will provide services virtually. Appointments can be made for those essential services that cannot be provided remotely.
- Information for Building and Development Permit Applications can be found here.
- Information for Subdivision Applications can be found here.
- For all other services use online services, if available.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns at:
- Charlottetown (902)-368-5280
- Monatgue (902)-838-0605
- Summrside (902)-432-2802 .
When do I need to submit drawing and specifications for the installation of an elevator or lift?
Any company that sells an elevator or lift within Prince Edward Island must, before beginning installation of the unit, submit layout drawings and specifications for review and approval.
Is there a fee?
The fee for a passenger elevator is $275. HST is required.
The fee for a lift for a person with disabilities is $140. HST is required.
Make cheques payable to the Minister of Finance.