Increasing Market Competitiveness Sub-Program
The Increasing Market Competitiveness Sub-Program will support producers and processors in capturing a larger share of the certified organic market which will increase their profitability.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Certified Organic Agricultural Producers;
- Organic Agriculture Industry Organizations, Clubs, and Associations;
- Agricultural Producers currently transitioning to Certified Organic;
- Small to Medium-Sized Organic Agri-Businesses; and
- Organic Agri-Processors.
What types of expenses are eligible for funding?
- Technology to meet the certified organic market requirements and to improve efficiency; and
- Modification of a facility to meet certified organic requirements.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my applications?
Applications for Increasing Market Competitiveness will open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Applications received prior to this date and time will not be considered
For more information contact:
Organic Industry Development Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857
The Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP) is a five-year, $3-billion commitment by Canada's federal, provincial and territorial governments that supports Canada's agri-food and agri-products sectors. This includes a $2 billion commitment that is cost-shared 60 per cent federally and 40 per cent provincially/territorially for programs that are designed and delivered by provinces and territories.