Next Policy Framework (NPF) for Agriculture
The Department of Agriculture and Land is preparing for the Next Policy Framework (NPF) for agriculture. The current framework is the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP), a cost-shared agreement between the Department and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
The CAP is scheduled to terminate on March 31, 2023. It is anticipated that the new agreement will launch on April 1, 2023.
Where can I provide feedback on priorities for the Next Policy Framework?
If you would like to tell the Department what you think should be priorities for the NPF, you can complete a short survey. You can choose to be entered to win 1 of 4 ($30.00) gift cards to a PEI farmers’ market of your choice (your responses will not be connected to the prize draw).
You can complete the survey in
What is the Department doing to prepare for the Next Policy Framework?
The Department is currently completing consultations, planning and research exercises to identify priorities for the NPF. This includes:
- Consultations with industry groups
- Consultations with community organizations
- Consultations with farmers and program clients
- Consultations with program administrators
- Consultations with under-represented groups
- Outreach with Mi’kmaq First Nations and Indigenous Groups
- Program performance reviews
- Program evaluations
- Peer-reviewed literature reports
- Planning with federal, provincial and territorial departments of agriculture
Where can I find results of consultations, planning and research?
A summary of key findings from consultations and research will be posted on this page when available.
Performance reports for CAP programs.
Results of an evaluation of CAP programs in PEI will be posted to this website when available.
When does the NPF survey close?
July 1, 2021
I have questions about the Next Policy Framework, who can I contact?
If you have questions about the NPF that are not answered on this page, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org