Next Policy Framework (NPF) for Agriculture (2018 to 2023)
The Department of Agriculture and Land is preparing for the Next Policy Framework (NPF) for agriculture. The current framework is the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP), a cost-shared agreement between the Department and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
The CAP is scheduled to terminate on March 31, 2023. It is anticipated that the new agreement will launch on April 1, 2023.
What is the Department doing to prepare for the Next Policy Framework?
The Department is currently completing meetings, planning and research exercises to identify priorities for the NPF. This includes:
- Meetings with industry groups
- Meetings with community organizations
- Meetings with farmers and program clients
- Meetings with program administrators
- Meetings with under-represented groups
- Outreach with Mi’kmaq First Nations and Indigenous Groups
- Program performance reviews
- Program evaluations
- Peer-reviewed literature reports
- Planning with federal, provincial and territorial departments of agriculture
Where can I find results of consultations, planning and research?
- Summary Report of key findings from meetings with industry and community groups.
- Survey Report on public priorities for agriculture
- Survey Report on newcomers' priorities for agriculture
- Summary Report of insights from peer-reviewed literature
- Performance reports for CAP programs.
Results of an evaluation of CAP programs in PEI will be posted to this website when available.
I have questions about the Next Policy Framework, who can I contact?
If you have questions about the NPF that are not answered on this page, please e-mail email@example.com