Policy Capacity Development and Mentorship Program
The Policy Capacity Development and Mentorship Program (PCDMP) is a career development opportunity at the PEI Department of Agriculture and Land (DAL).
Every year the program will provide one successful applicant the opportunity to complete a one-year temporary work term in the DAL’s Strategic Policy and Evaluation Division as a Junior Policy Analyst.
The program aims to support the development of policy capacity for the next generation of policy leaders. The program focuses on learning and development opportunities that allow participants to expand their policy research, analysis and communication skills.
More information about the program is available Policy Capacity Development and Mentorship Program Theory information sheet
What does the program offer?
- Exciting and challenging work;
- Opportunity to impact public policy;
- Career development opportunities;
- A network of professionals;
- Mentorship; and
- Opportunities to: conduct research and analysis, identify and analyze trends, learn about and apply the project management methodology to support the implementation of strategic projects, and more.
Who is eligible to apply?
The program is open to recent graduates (individuals who have graduated from a university within the last 24 months at time of application) and who meet the other qualifications listed in the job advertisement.
What are the educational qualifications?
- An undergraduate degree (for example, but not limited to: Political Studies, History, Communications, Anthropology or Economics)
- At the time of application to the position, must have graduated from university within the last 24 months
- Educational assets include:
- A Master’s degree
- An undergraduate degree in the humanities or social sciences
- Completion of university courses specific to public policy, public administration, and/or project management
What are the requirements for prior work experience?
The are some requirements for prior work experience listed in the job advertisement.
What is the salary?
The position is classified at a Level 13 ($26.06/hr), full-time for one year.
How do I apply?
Applications to the program can be made by submitting a cover letter and resume through the Public Service Commission’s website
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume clearly indicates where you have acquired the education or experience for each of the qualifications as listed in the job advertisement. When describing in your cover letter or resume where you have acquired the qualifications, please include:
- Name of the organization where the education/experience was acquired;
- Title of the position occupied and duration for which you exercised the functions; and
- Specific details of tasks or projects demonstrating how the experience/qualifications was acquired.
What is the closing date to apply?
The 2022 intake for the program is now closed. Please send your name and e-mail address to email@example.com to be notified when the program opens for applications. Please include "PCDMP" in the subject line.
How will I know if I am successful?
Applications will be screened against the qualifications listed in the job advertisement through a competitive process. Candidates who meet the qualifications and/or assets will be contacted.
For more information contact:
Director, Strategic Policy and Evaluation Division
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8