Seed Potato Recovery Program
The purpose of the Seed Potato Recovery Program is to offset extra-ordinary costs and a loss in revenue for Island seed potato producers impacted by the pandemic.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Seed potato producers from PEI who experienced a loss in sales of seed potatoes as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic who can provide adequate documentation of these losses.
What activities will be funded?
- Losses in revenue experienced from lost seed potato markets (i.e. seed potatoes sold at a lower value in another market)
- Losses in revenue that resulted from disposal of seed potatoes
- Extra-ordinary costs related to storing seed beyond regular storage period
- Extra-ordinary costs related to disposal of seed potatoes
What expenses are eligible for funding?
- Up to 10% of the value of seed potato lots
- Electricity, interest and insurance beyond regular storage period
- Grading and de-sprouting
- Transportation and disposal
What expenses are not?
- Losses in revenue related to 2019 production issues
- Lost revenue in seed sales without supporting documentation
- Disposal costs without supporting documentation
Is there program deadline?
- Application Deadline is January 15, 2021
How do I apply and claim?
Forward completed application (and claim) form to:
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
10 Kent Street PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8
Attention: Seed Potato Recovery Program Officer