Business Development Program (Agriculture)
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. As of March 31, 2023, applications under the Canada Agricultural Partnership can no longer be accepted.
We are working diligently to finalize programs under the Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership. There will be a further announcement on program details in the near future.
The Business Development Program will support the agriculture sector by providing funding for skills training, business planning and implementation, benchmarking and risk management activities which will expand domestic and international markets for Prince Edward Island producers and small to medium sized agri-businesses.
The three funding categories are:
- Business Planning; and
- Benchmarking and Risk Management
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agricultural producers;
- Spouses of agricultural producers;
- Farm employees;
- Agriculture industry organizations, clubs, and associations;
- Small to Medium Sized Agri-Businesses; and
- Others may be considered upon request.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Agriculture-related skills training
- Business planning;
- Coordination and planning of courses, seminars, workshops, and/or demonstrations for groups of farmers.
- Agriculture-related strategic planning and board governance training
- Development and use of benchmarking and risk management analytical tools;
- Development of industry benchmarks for cost of production specific to PEI;
- Production and on-farm integration of individualized financial –reports; and
- Projects which increase awareness of risk factors, or identify business risks and vulnerabilities, and training and tools to mitigate those risks.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my applications?
Applications for Business Development are closed.
For more information contact:
Business Development Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857
The Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP) is a five-year, $3-billion commitment by Canada's federal, provincial and territorial governments that supports Canada's agri-food and agri-products sectors. This includes a $2 billion commitment that is cost-shared 60 per cent federally and 40 per cent provincially/territorially for programs that are designed and delivered by provinces and territories.