Technology and Science Adoption Sub-Program
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. As of March 31, 2023, applications under the Canada Agricultural Partnership can no longer be accepted.
We are working diligently to finalize programs under the Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership. There will be a further announcement on program details in the near future.
The Technology and Science Adoption Sub-Program will support the adoption and/or implementation of best practices, new technologies, and processes that will improve efficiency and profit margins.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agricultural producers;
- Agriculture industry organizations, clubs, and associations;
- Small to medium sized agri-processors;
- Groups of agriculture producers; and
- Others may be considered upon request.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Efficiency and automation assessments;
- Adoption and/or evaluation of process improvements identified as leading edge technology to reduce costs, add value, improve efficiencies, improve product quality or food safety, or increase market access;
- Installation of monitoring and sensing technology; and
- Information sharing and/or knowledge transfer activities.
Where can I find more information?
For more information contact:
Agriculture Research and Innovation Program Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857
The Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP) is a five-year, $3-billion commitment by Canada's federal, provincial and territorial governments that supports Canada's agri-food and agri-products sectors. This includes a $2 billion commitment that is cost-shared 60 per cent federally and 40 per cent provincially/territorially for programs that are designed and delivered by provinces and territories.