Air Quality Permit

When do I need an Air Quality Permit?

You need an Air Quality Permit if your company operates any of the following:

  • fuel burning equipment (utility and non-utility boilers), 
  • incinerators,
  • industrial sources (e.g., asphalt plants), or
  • used oil burners. 

What is the fee?

The fee depends upon the type and class of the facility. The fee schedule is available in the Air Quality Regulations (Schedule D). 

Make cheques payable to the Minister of Finance.

How long will it take to get an Air Quality Permit?

Allow one to two weeks to process your application for a permit.

Who can I contact for more information?

Sean Ledgerwood (Water and Air Monitoring Supervisor)
4th Floor, Jones Building
11 Kent Street
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4686
Fax: (902) 368-5830

Published date: 
January 7, 2019
Communities, Land and Environment department logo

General Inquiries

Department of Communities, Land and Environment
4th Floor, Jones Building
11 Kent Street
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: 902-368-5044
Toll-free: 1-866-368-5044
Fax: 902-368-5830