Environmental Award Nominations
Do you know someone who has worked hard to protect, preserve or enhance the environment? Does an individual or a school group deserve special recognition for their environmental efforts? Has an Island business or organization shown leadership in reducing their impact on the environment?
Show your appreciation by submitting a nomination for the Prince Edward Island Environmental Awards. Candidates for an award can be nominated by any individual or organization including staff of the Department of Communities, Land and Environment. Current staff members of the department are not eligible to receive an award.
Nomination and Selection Process
Nominations are assessed by a selection committee of members of the Minister's Environmental Advisory Council. To be eligible for an award, an individual or organization must have been instrumental in:
- identifying, reducing, solving or avoiding an environmental problem;
- demonstrating consistently responsible environmental management practices; and/or
- promoting public awareness, understanding and active concern for the enhancement and protection of the environment.
In addition, the review committee will also consider the nominees':
- long-term service and commitment;
- voluntary contributions; and
- innovative approach.
Is there a list of past award winners?
You can download a list of past recipients from 1987 to present.