Home Heat Tank Installer's License
What are the requirements for a home heat tank installer’s license?
You must have a license to:
- inspect a home heat tank or home heat tank system
Note: A licence is valid for a maximum period of two years and the installer/licensee must hold insurance acceptable to the minister during that period.
How do I apply for a home heat tank installer’s license?
To apply for a license you must:
- submit a completed application form
- submit the application fee of $50
- hold a valid certificate in respect of the trade of oil heat system technician, sheet metal worker, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic or plumber
- have completed either an installer’s course or an industry based training program approved by the minister
- be professionally competent by holding an equivalent licence in another jurisdiction or successful completion of an exam administrated, adopted or accepted by the minister
- have professional knowledge and skills that are current
- provided written proof that you hold appropriate insurance (general liability and pollution)
- hold a valid licence for a maximum period of two years. License holders must not cancel their insurance coverage without providing 30 day’s written notice to the minister.
Who can I contact for more information?
Steve Townsend (Chief Officer Boiler, Pressure Vessel, LP Gas, Plumbing and Home Heat Tank)
J. Elmer Blanchard Building
31 Gordon Drive
Telephone: (902) 368-5567
Fax: (902) 368-5526