Hunting Information for Non-Residents

What do non-residents need in order to hunt legally on PEI?

In order to hunt legally on PEI, non-residents must :

  • Obtain a PEI hunting Licence
  • Show proof of Hunter Safety training
  • Hunt with a licensed resident hunter, or
  • Hunt with a registered Hunting Guide.

Where can I buy a non-resident PEI hunting licence?

You can buy your Non-Resident PEI Hunting licence from any Hunting Licence vendor or on-line through Buy Your Hunting Licence On-line.

Are there other licences or fees for non-resident hunters?

In order to hunt migratory birds such as Canada geese and black ducks you must purchase a federal Migratory Bird permit. This permit may also be purchased from Island vendors, Canada Post or anywhere in Canada  where Migratory Bird permits are sold.

Resident and Non-Resident Hunters must also pay a Wildlife Conservation Fund (WCF) licence of $20/year ($13/yr for seniors 65 years of age and older). Funds from the WCF are used to support a wide range of wildlife conservation activities on PEI.

Where can I find a registered Hunting Guide or Outfitter on PEI?

The PEI Hunting Guide and Outfitters List

Can I bring my firearms into Canada?

For information on bringing firearms into Canada, visit the RCMP site:  Importing and Exporting Firearms (Individuals) 



Published date: 
July 13, 2015
Communities, Land and Environment department logo

General Inquiries

Forests, Fish and Wildlife Division
J. Frank Gaudet Tree Nursery
183 Upton Road
Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: (902) 368-6450
Fax: (902) 368-4713

Like us on Facebook