Reporting Forest Fires

Call 911 to report a forest fire on PEI

To report a forest fire or grass fire, call 911 and include the following information:

  • Community name
  • Route number or road name
  • Civic number of the property where the fire is occurring or near the fire location
  • Your name and phone number

Burning Permits

You can obtain a burning permit at any Forests, Fish and Wildlife office from Monday to Friday during regular working hours. Please call before you go to ensure that an authorized staff member is on hand.

As well, you must sign the permit to acknowledge that you understand and agree to abide by the rules and regulations.

Published date: 
January 15, 2016
Communities, Land and Environment department logo

General Inquiries

Forests, Fish and Wildlife Division
J. Frank Gaudet Tree Nursery
183 Upton Road
Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: (902) 368-6450
Fax: (902) 368-4713

Like us on Facebook