Community Health Engagement Committees
What is the function of the committee?
Community Engagement Committees (CECs) shall provide one mechanism for ongoing community input to assist Health PEI in its processes related to health services for Islanders.
The duties of the Community Engagement Committees are as follows:
- to gather and consider information from the public respecting health needs and services in the region of the committee;
- to identify health-related issues in the region of the committee;
- to provide feedback related to health policy to the Minister and feedback related to the delivery of health services to Health PEI respecting:
- the health needs, services and issues in the region of the committee,
- the strategic plan prepared and submitted by Health PEI ,
- the strategic plan of the Department, and
- provincial strategies for health care delivery
Primary Role: Non- adjudicative
Material Role: Provide feedback on health issues
How many people are on each committee?
There will be two Community Health Engagement Committees, a Western Region and an Eastern Region.
The Federal electoral districts form the geographic boundaries for each committee.
Each committee shall be comprised of up to 12 members meeting the following criteria:
- up to nine public members who will reside in the applicable electoral districts, and
- one nominated member from each Hospital Foundation, for each of the three hospitals located in the committee regions.
What are the requirements of committee members?
- Have a strong interest in health and wellness;
- Possess strong communication skills – both the ability to consider health service related needs and perspectives of their community, as well as the ability to listen to others;
- Demonstrate willingness to commit time and energy to the work;
- Demonstrate a commitment to a collaborative and constructive approach to health and wellness.
What are the nomination requirements?
Statutory Nomination Requirements
A nominated member from each Hospital Foundation for each of the three hospitals located in the committee regions.
Traditional Nomination Requirements
There shall be a maximum of nine public members who reside in the applicable electoral districts
Will I get paid?
Members shall serve on a committee without remuneration but may be reimbursed for mileage expenses in accordance with the policies of Treasury Board.
What is the time commitment of the committees?
The Committee members shall receive an orientation to Health PEI upon their formation. New Committee members shall receive an orientation as appointed thereafter.
There shall be a minimum of one meeting, open to the public, once per year. The Committee may convene other informal meetings if required.
Members absent more than two consecutive meeting without appropriate notice shall be asked to resign.
Members shall normally serve three year terms, with the possibility of re-appointment to a second term. The original appointments shall have two year and three year terms to allow for a staggered approach to subsequent appointments.
|Name||County||Term Start||Term End|
|Helen Flynn, Chair||Queens County||Sept 20, 2018||Sept 20, 2021|
|Patricia Charlton||Queens County||Oct 16, 2018||Sept 20, 2021|
|Merrill Scott||Kings County||Sept 20, 2018||Sept 20,2021|
|Sandra MacFadyen||Queens County||October 16, 2018||September 20, 2021|
|Krystine Richard||Queens County||Sept 20, 2016||Sept 20,2019|
|Stephanie Jadis||Kings County||Sept 20, 2016||Sept 20,2019|
|Tracey Gallant||Queens County||Sept 20, 2016||Sept 20,2019|
|Cliff Campbell||Queens County||Sept 20, 2016||Sept 20,2019|
|Kent Nicholson||Queens County||Oct 12, 2016||Sept 20,2019|
|Sandra MacFadyen||Queens County||Oct 16, 2018||Sept 20, 2021|
- Louis Callaghan - Kings County Memorial Hospital Foundation Inc
- Patsy MacLean, Q.C. - Queen Elizabeth Hospital Foundation Inc
- Gertie Campbell - Eastern Kings Health Foundation Inc
|Name||County||Term Start||Term End|
|Michelle Gaudet||Prince County||Oct 16, 2018||Sept 20, 2021|
|Brenda McAlduff||Prince County||Oct 16, 2018||Sept 20, 2021|
|Whitney Harris||Prince County||Sept 20, 2018||Sept 20, 2021|
|Lynn Anne Hogan||Prince County||Oct 16, 2018||Sept 20, 2021|
|Noella Richard||Prince County||Sept 20, 2016||Sept 20, 2019|
|Colleen Parker||Prince County||Sept 20, 2016||Sept 20, 2019|
|Donna Gallant||Prince County||Sept 20, 2016||Sept 20, 2019|
|Don MacEachern||Prince County||Sept 20, 2016||Sept 20, 2019|
|Blake Adams||Prince County||Oct 16, 2018||Sept 20, 2021|
- Krystina Pottier - Western Hospital Foundation Inc.
- Eileen Brown - O'Leary Community Health Foundation Inc.
- Les Chipperfield - Prince County Hospital Foundation
How can I apply?
If you would like to serve as a member of a provincial government agency, board, or commission (ABC) you can apply online through Engage PEI.