Computers for Success Canada
(2) Computer Technician Interns
Employer: Province of Prince Edward Island
Department: Treasury Board Secretariat / IT Shared Services
Commencing immediately for 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Government and the private sector donates surplus computers, equipment and software to Computers for Success (CFS) PEI to be repaired, refurbished and distributed to learning organizations throughout the Province. CFS accepts personal computers, laser printers, laptops and monitors in good working order. Trained technicians replace parts, clear the hard drives, install operating systems and basic software, thoroughly clean and repackage each unit before it is distributed. So far, more than 20,000 computers have been delivered through CFS to recipients on Prince Edward Island.
Providing practical, real-world experience is an important component of the CFS program. Through the CFS Internship program, funding from Employment and Social Development Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy, has provided employment to nearly 7000 youth over the years, helping them gain the critical skills and experience they need to excel in the workforce.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Receive, sort, repair, test and install operating systems and software systems.
- Clean and disinfect work stations and warehouse area.
- Assist with on-site installations of computer equipment when required.
- Data input, records management, editing data.
- Between 15 and 30 years old.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or a person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- A current Criminal Records check will be requested upon acceptance into the program.
For further information regarding this Computer for Success program, please visit https://cfsc-opec.org/en/
Rate of Pay: $17.25/hr
Application deadline: August 9, 2023
Start date: September 4th, 2023
Submit resume to: Jessica Mitchell, email@example.com