- All signs within view of Island highways are controlled by the Highway Signage Act
- An on-premise sign can only describe the business operating at that civic address
- A permit is required for placement
- An on-premise sign is located at the civic address of a business. An example of this would be Jon’s B&B
What does the sign look like?
- Size is limited to 32 sq. ft. at the property line but may increase by 1 sq. ft. for each linear foot the sign is set back from the property line to a maximum of 150 sq. ft.
- The height of an individual sign must not exceed 26 ft.
Where will the sign be located?
- All on-premises signs must be located on the property where the business operates.
- Location on the property will determine size of the sign permitted.
- Signs cannot be placed in the public right of way.
What is the cost of having a sign?
- One- time fee of $25 plus HST
How do I apply for a sign?
- Fill out the On-Premise Sign Form and submit it along with a drawing of your sign.
Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4398
Fax: (902) 368-6568
June 4, 2015