Tourism PEI Festivals and Events Funding Program
Provincial funding is available for well-organized, widely marketed tourism festivals or events that specifically target off-Island participants. You may be eligible for financial assistance to offset your costs of tourism product development or off-Island advertising and promotion.
Is my festival/event eligible for funding?
Your event must appeal to tourists and be operated by a non-profit community group or association that is supported by an identified executive committee. You are required to:
- have a plan for promotion and advertising (on-Island and off-Island)
- have secured corporate sponsorship or community financial support
- have support from the tourism industry (i.e. regional tourism association)
Depending on the size of your festival or event, you may be eligible for funding up to:
- $2,500 for over 3,000 visitors
- $2,000 for over 2,000 visitors
- $1,500 for over 1,500 visitors
- $1,000 for up to 1,000 visitors
What do I need to apply for the Festival and Events Funding Program?
Print and complete the Festivals and Events Funding Program Application Form and submit it to the address below, along with the following supporting documents:
- statement of revenue
- expenditures accompanied by receipts
- a public relations package (i.e. press releases, copy of posters, flyers, etc.), if requested
When is my application due?
You must submit your application before March 1st each year. Supporting materials, if requested, are due no later than March 31st of the year following the festival.
What criteria are used to assess applications?
Funding assistance is intended for those events that exhibit the greatest tourism potential.
Tourism PEI will assess applications with the following considerations:
• time of year the event is held • financial need
• unique theme • level of private sector support
• new development ideas • location of event
• duration of the event • level of past governmental support
• attendance from off-Island • marketing plan
Am I required to use the Tourism PEI logo?
If your organization receives funding, you must include the Tourism PEI logo on all festival/event promotional materials.
Please forward applications directly to:
Manager, Strategic Initiatives
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-5508
Fax: (902) 368-4438