Agreement Regarding PEI COVID-19 Community Champions Program
This Agreement is between the GOVERNMENT OF PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND, as represented by Tourism PEI (hereinafter referred to as “Government") and you, as the selected Community Champion.
1. The Province of Prince Edward Island, through Tourism PEI ( “Government”), has identified a need to deliver emergency financial aid (“Emergency Aid”) for basic necessities of life, to residents of Prince Edward Island who have experienced catastrophic financial losses due to the COVID-19 Pandemic;
2. The elected Members of the Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island (“MLA’s) have each identified three (3) community champions within their geographical area, to partner with Tourism PEI in distributing the Emergency Aid;
3. Tourism PEI has requested, and the Community Champion has agreed, to enter into this agreement for the purpose of setting out the obligations of each party with respect to the delivery of Emergency Aid under the program described herein, being referred to as the PEI COVID-19 Community Champion Financial Aid Program;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants herein contained and for other good and valuable consideration, the Parties hereto hereby agree as follows:
1. Tourism PEI shall deliver to the Community Champion $3,000.00 in Emergency Aid, consisting of a total of 30 gift certificates or gift cards, valued at $100 each, which can be used by individuals and families to purchase the necessities of life. The Community Champion has the months of April and May to distribute.
2. The Community Champion agrees to make the following reasonable efforts to identify and deliver aid to individuals and families most in financial need within the electoral district which the Community Champion has been engaged to deliver Emergency Aid:
a. Prior to distributing the Emergency Aid, the Community Champion shall make reasonable efforts to identify those most in need;
b. Each individual and family receiving aid shall only receive aid from one Community Champion.
c. Each household that has been identified by the Community Champion as being most in need, may receive only the following Emergency Financial Aid: A single person household may receive up to $100.00 and a family (or household with more than one person) may receive up to $200.00.
3. The Community Champion shall submit a report to Tourism PEI in the form prescribed in Schedule “A” attached hereto no later than April 30, 2020. The purpose of this report is to ensure program integrity and in particular to verify that no individual or family has received Emergency Financial Aid from more than one Community Champion. A second report, in the same format will be submitted no later June 15, 2020 for the May recipients.
4. Community Champions shall not be held liable for any actions undertaken in good faith pursuant to this program.
PEI COVID-19 COMMUNITY CHAMPIONS PROGRAM
Name of Community Champion - ___________________________
A. SUMMARY OF AMOUNTS DISTRIBUTED
Total Amount Distributed in ___________(month), 2020: $___________________
B. I confirm that the Amount set out in A. above was distributed to the following individuals and Families:
|Letter Number||Name or Names (list all adults in household)|
C. I confirm that ________________________________, as a Community Champion, made its best efforts to distribute the amounts above in accordance with the requirement to identify the Islanders most in need of help.
Submitted by _________________________, PEI this ____ day of ______, 2020.