Internet Plan - Xplore
Xplore is upgrading and expanding the existing broadband network to reach underserved communities in Prince Edward Island. Xplore will provide fixed wireless coverage to 17,000 civic addresses across Prince Edward Island, offering download speeds up to 100 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps. Xplore is also building a fibre-to-the-premise network that will reach over 3,000 civic addresses and offer gigabit download and upload speeds. More than 1200 residents and businesses can already benefit from Xplore Fibre. All work related to these projects is expected to be complete by September 2023.
Xplore’s project includes the construction of 8 new macro towers in addition to upgrades to its existing fixed wireless tower sites. The construction of these 8 new towers is now complete and offering LTE service in the following areas:
Coverage by County
|Prince County||Queens County||Kings County|
Fibre-to-the-premise services launched on PEI, connecting over 1200 households and businesses to date. Out of the 683 km of fibre planned, 350 km have been installed. For information on service availability at your premise, enter your address at https://www.xplore.ca/fibre-lookup/
Two contractors are working on the design and build of the fibre project.
Fibre-to-the-premise coverage maps and schedule:
- Kings County North East; Schedule: July, 2023 View
- Kings County North West; Schedule: September, 2023 View
- Kings County South; Schedule: June, 2023 View
- Prince County East; Schedule: Complete View
- Prince County West; Schedule: March, 2023 View
- Queens County East; Schedule: Completed View
- Queens County West; Schedule: March, 2023 View