International students who enroll in the Prince Edward Island International Student Program (PEIISP) are required to pay a non-refundable application fee and tuition fee for the education program.
Cost of Study for International Students
|Application Fee (one time only and
|Tuition||$10 600 per school year or
$5 300 per semester
|Health Insurance (mandatory)||$600 per year or
$300 per semester
|Transcript Validation Fee||$200|
|Homestay Fee||$11000 (approximate)|
The semester fee is applicable only for those students who will be either graduating or returning home after one semester. Full year students cannot pay by the semester.
Homestay fees are set by Study Abroad Canada Language Institute.
The tuition covers transportation, textbooks, and instruction. Many clubs, sports, school events, and field trips are also covered by tuition. There may be additional fees for some specialized courses, clubs, field trips, etc. Also, you will need to provide your own school supplies (e.g., paper, binders, and pens). Some schools charge a fee and in return provide the school supplies that will be needed.
The PEIISP and Western Union Business Solutions through the TRUENorth system provide a convenient way for you to make payments for your tuition and other fees. This allows you to pay in your home currency, either online or by bank transfer, with the competitive exchange rates and takes the stress and uncertainty out of paying your tuition.
- Pay fees in your local currency and competitive rates
- Pay online or by bank transfer
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Your payments are generally processed in just 2 to 5 business days
- Track your payment status
Western Union Support Videos
Global version - https://business.westernunion.com/en-us/p/cmp/2019/global-pay-for-students
China Version - https://business.westernunion.com/en-us/p/cmp/2019/global-pay-for-students-cn
Tuition Fee Refund Policy
We work to ensure that our international students' needs are served every step of the way. We understand that unforeseen events can happen and plans can sometimes change.
All refunds are less any fees paid to an agent and are subject to a $500 administration fee.
A full refund of the tuition fee will be issued if:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not approve a Study Permit. A student must include the original letter of rejection from the Canadian Embassy for a refund. It is recommended that the student maintain a copy for their files.
Two-thirds refund of the tuition fee will be issued if:
The student either withdraws the application for a Study Permit in his/her own country or withdraws from our program and the student notifies the PEIISP of such action within 30 calendar days prior to the start of the program as indicated on the Letter of Acceptance.
One half refund of the tuition fee will be issued if:
The student withdraws after the start of the program, but before 30 calendar days have elapsed as indicated on the Letter of Acceptance.
No refund of tuition will be granted under the following conditions:
- The student us found in violation of the Participation Terms or General Waiver for the PEIISP.
- The student is found in violation of the school or homestay rules and policies and/or provincial/federal laws and forced to withdraw from the PEIISP.
- The Prince Edward Island public school system is unable to provide education due to labour disputes or other causes outside of its control.
If your parent's immigration status changes (meets eligible criteria):
Proof must be presented to the PEIISP prior to last business day of specified deadline:
- Full Year Program: Full tuition refund September 30 of the current school year. 50% tuition refund before February 28 of the current school year.
- First Semester Program: Full tuition refund before September 30 of the current school year.
- Second Semester Program: Full tuition refund before February 28 of the current school year.
- Status changes after deadlines will not receive a refund.
The above refunds are subject to a $500 administration fee.