PEI International Student Admissions Process
Once a student submits their completed application and all necessary documentation and payments, the PEI International Student Program will proceed with the Admissions Procedure as described below:
- Letter of Acceptance (LOA):
Within 3 weeks of receiving a complete application, the PEIISP office will review the application and send a letter of acceptance or a letter of refusal. All decisions are final.
The LOA will be issued once the application has been reviewed and the application fee has been paid in full. An invoice will be issued for payment of full tuition.
- Full year (10 months)
- One semester (5 months)
- Summer Learning (6 weeks)
- Study Permit
Once the LOA has been received, the student must apply for a Canadian study permit at the nearest Canadian embassy/consulate. The PEIISP requires all fee-paying international students to have a valid study permit.
- Immigration Documentation:
For information concerning the documentation required by a student to study in Canada, please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.
- Documents you will need to submit before beginning school:
- Proof of payment of health insurance, issued by an insurance provider that is approved by the Department, for the full period that the student will be attending school in Prince Edward Island. For example Guard Me or Blue Cross.
- Original school transcripts translated into English (from the last two years)
- Proof of immigration status (study permit)
- Custodianship forms (students not residing with a parent must appoint a Custodian. A Custodian must be appointed prior to arrival on PEI. You must complete and submit copies of the Custodian Declaration Form and Parent Declaration form. These forms must be signed and notarized.)
- Assessment of English Language Proficiency
Once on Prince Edward Island, before a student can be placed in a school, their English language proficiency should be assessed. Students are expected to schedule a meeting and bring the documentation previously listed to this meeting. Please contact the EAL/FAL Reception Centre at 902-620-3738 to make an appointment.
August 8, 2019