School Operational Plans
The Public Schools Branch (PSB) has 56 schools, over 19,000 students and over 3,000 staff. Schools are very complex organizations and a significant amount of planning is required prior to September 2020.
At each school, the administration is responsible to develop and socialize an operational plan based on the PSB Guidelines for Return to School that is customized to suit the composition, physical layout and grade levels of the school. This working plan will help to ensure optimal learning and safety for students, staff, families and the larger school community.
Students, parents and community members are invited to review sample operational plans to gain an understanding of how your school, based on its size and population, may operate when everyone is back to school in September. Each plan outlines protocols to maximize the safety of students and staff by way of the following topics:
- pre-screening of students and staff
- promotion of physical distancing
- enhanced cleaning protocols
- contact tracing mechanisms
- students and staff in cohorts with reduced interactions between cohorts
- staggering of transitions and movement inside, outside and within the school
These plans are fluid, and may change based on the most up-to-date Public Health information.
- Download Sample School Operational Plans: Elementary 1
- Download Sample School Operational Plans: Elementary 2
- Download Sample School Operational Plans: Consolidated 1
- Download Sample School Operational Plans: Consolidated 2