Violence Against Women Prevention Grant
The Interministerial Women's Secretariat works with community organizations to develop projects, programs and services that benefit women in Prince Edward Island. An annual fund of $75,000 has been established to fund projects that focus on the prevention of violence against women in Prince Edward Island. This year, the focus theme is violence against women in the workplace. Applications that don’t have this as a focus will be considered for funding, but preference will be made to proposals that address the focus theme.
What are the funding objectives?
The objective of the Violence Against Women Prevention Grant is to provide project funding to community organizations for innovative projects that will enhance awareness, education and action towards preventing violence against women in Prince Edward Island.
What are the eligibility requirements?
As these are one-time only grants, projects that require multi-year funding will not be considered.
- Organizations must have capacity to enter into a legal agreement to receive funding (i.e., a provincial incorporation number).
- Organizations with approved projects will be required to sign a project contract. To see the requirements of the contract, please click here.
- All budgets need to clearly demonstrate how proposed expenditures are related to the project. Eligible expenditures include the following:
- Salaries and benefits;
- Professional fees related to the project;
- Facility rental and utilities;
- Office equipment;
- Materials and supplies;
- Publicity and promotion;
- Provincial travel;
How will my submission be assessed?
The Interministerial Women's Secretariat grant applications will be assessed and graded on a point system based on the applicant’s ability to communicate how it meets the objectives of the funding program as expressed by the following criteria:
- Does the proposal clearly articulate how the project will enhance the prevention of violence against women and/or girls in PEI?
- Does the proposal clearly describe the project activities?
- Is the project is likely to succeed (for example, does it propose realistic timelines and achievable goals?
- Does the proposal show a strong focus on prevention measures that are likely to be effective?
- Does the proposal provide examples of community support for the project (for example, letters of support that clearly identify the benefits of funding this project)?
- Is the project budget clear, and is it an appropriate financial request for the proposed activities?
- Does the proposal show evidence-based ways to respond to preventing violence against women?
- Does the proposal clearly identify anticipated project outcomes and describe how the project will be evaluated?
What is the application process?
Proposals must be received by November 5, 2021 (4:00 PM) and must meet the eligibility requirements (see ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS above).
Any proposals that do not meet the eligibility requirements will be immediately disqualified. Proposals will be assessed and graded on a point system based on the applicant’s ability to communicate how their project meets the objectives of the funding program as expressed by the assessment criteria. A review committee will assess all eligible proposals. All final funding decisions will be made by the Minister Responsible for the Status of Women.Successful applicants will be notified by the International Day of the Elimination of Violence Against Women (November 25, 2021).
What do I need to include with my application package?
Your funding application must include the following:
- completed application form
- all necessary attachments describing organizational and project information; and
- detailed budget that clearly outlines all expenses and revenues for the project (this would include other sources of funding and/or in-kind support).
How do I submit my application?
Please submit (4) hard copies to the address below plus one (1) electronic copy of your proposal to :
*Physical Address: Interministerial Women's Secretariat
3rd Floor Sullivan Building, 16 Fitzroy St, Charlottetown
Interministerial Women's Secretariat
PO Box 2000, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
*Please note: all copies must be received by November 5, 2021 (4:00 PM) so please ensure your copies are posted with this in mind.
ELECTRONIC COPY: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Interministerial Women’s Secretariat with any questions regarding the application process:
Phone: (902) 368-6494