Prince Edward Island Book Award
Since 2006, the Prince Edward Island Book Awards have celebrated the best in books by Prince Edward Islanders. Awards are given in three categories: fiction, non-fiction, and poetry.
Who is eligible?
Authors, editors, or creators must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants as well as residents of Prince Edward Island.
How are winners chosen?
Awards are presented every two years to the author, editor, or creator of the book that most clearly shows excellence in content, design, and production.
- Non-fiction: Debra Komar - The Bastard of Fort Stikine
- Fiction: Finley Martin - Dead Letter
- Poetry: David Helwig - Keeping Late Hours
- Non-fiction: Jesse Francis and A.J.B. Johnston - Ni'n na L'nu: The Mi'kmaq of Prince Edward Island
- Fiction: Richard Lemm, editor - Riptides: New Island Fiction
- Poetry: P. Susan Buchanan and Margot Maddison-MacFadyen , editors - The TWIG Collective: A Gathering of Twigs
- Non-fiction: Marian Bruce - Remembering Old Dan
- Fiction: Patti Larsen - Run
- Poetry: Dianne Hicks Morrow - What Really Happened is This
- Non-fiction: John Sylvester - Wild Island
- Fiction: Steven Mayoff - Fatted Calf Blues
- Poetry: Brent MacLaine - Shades of Green
- Non-fiction: Georges Arsenault - La Mi-Carême en Acadie
- Fiction: Richard Lemm - Shape of Things to Come
- Poetry: Joseph Sherman - Beautiful Veins
- Non-fiction: Catherine Edward - Brow of Dawn