Bluefield Family: School Review
The Bluefield family of schools includes the following schools:
- Bluefield Senior High School, grades 10 to 12
- East Wiltshire Intermediate School, grades 7 to 9
- Central Queens Elementary School, Kindergarten (K) to Grade 6
- Eliot River Elementary School, grades 4 to 6
- Englewood School, K to Grade 9
- Gulf Shore Consolidated School, K to Grade 9
- Westwood Primary School, K to Grade 3
Current and Projected Utilization
The schools were built to serve a total of 3,535 students and current capacity is 3,556. Currently the schools are operating at 85% of their total capacity and this is expected to decrease to 81% in 2022.
Current and Projected Enrolment
Total enrolment in the family of schools is now 3,009 and is expected to decrease to 2,879 in 2022.
The number of children from birth to age 17 in the family's catchment area grew from 4,103 in 2010 to 4,147 in 2016 and is projected to decrease to 4,108 in 2022. The number of children in the catchment area aged 5 to 17 grew from 3,042 in 2010 to 3,110 in 2016 and is projected to decrease to 3,054 in 2,022.