Community Cultural Partnership Program
Your non-profit organization may be eligible for up to $2,500 to assist with activities that promote the culture and heritage of Prince Edward Island. Priority will be given to new initiatives fostering community partnerships. Applications will be received until May 1st.
This is a competitive process and not all applications will receive funding.
PLEASE NOTE: The Community Cultural Partnership Program funds have been exhausted for the 2018-19 fiscal year. Applications for 2019- 2020 program will be available in the new year. Please check back.
Are we eligible to apply for the Community Cultural Partnership Program Fund?
In order to apply for funding your organization must:
- be a registered non-profit, community-based organization;
- be in operation for the previous 12 months; and
- meet the insurance requirements outlined in the funding agreement.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
Grants are available for eligible projects completed between May 1st and March 15th in the following two categories:
- Arts and Heritage Activities
- Community histories
- Promotion and marketing initiatives
- Product development
- Multi-media projects
- Training and Development
- Organizational training
- Board training
The following items are not eligible for funding:
- Capital cost
- Honoraria for project coordinator
- Food cost
- In kind contributions
- Administration fees (office, rental and utilities)
Please note: All funding will be subject to the terms and conditions issued by the Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture including the following:
- Grants are limited to 50 per cent of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $2,500.
- The total funding from all provincial government sources will be limited to 60 per cent of the total project costs.
- Applications can only be made to one departmentally funded program for each project.
- Normally, funding will not be awarded to organizations already in receipt of operational grants from the Province of Prince Edward Island.
- New funding will not be granted to an organization which has not met the terms and conditions of a previous grant.
- Funding will not be awarded to projects already underway.
- Activities for which the primary focus is fundraising are not eligible under this program.
- Organizations may submit a maximum of two (2) applications per fiscal Year.
What criteria will be used to select projects?
Applications are individually scored by an advisory committee based on the following criteria:
- Support material provided
- Compliance with the program priority
- Establishment of community partnerships
- Impact of project on the community
- Overall quality of the project
- Completeness of the application
- Potential or capacity of the organization to complete the project
- Eligibility of the expenses and revenues
- Financial cash contribution from other sources (anticipated and confirmed)
How will funding be allocated?
Once your project is approved, all required supporting documents are submitted and the funding agreement is signed, 80 per cent of funds will be issued.
The final 20 per cent will be issued upon receipt of final invoice and the approval of the final report and project financials (revenues and expenses).
Your projects must be completed between May 1st and March 15th.
How do we apply for this grant?
The deadline to apply is May 1st. Applications must be submitted on the appropriate application form, or similar format, and must include all required supporting documentation including complete budgetary information. Complete and submit the Community Cultural Partnership Program Fund application.
Who do I contact about this funding?
Community Cultural Partnership Program
Cultural Affairs Division, Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture
P.O. Box 2000, 2nd Floor Sullivan Building
Charlottetown PE C1A 7N8