Early Childhood Education Training Grant Guidelines
The purpose of the Early Childhood Education Training Grant is to provide our early childhood education workforce with the opportunity to develop and strengthen knowledge, skill base, and credentials necessary to provide excellence in early learning and child care.
- Priority will be given to first time applicants who have not yet received funding in the current fiscal year.
- The Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture reserves the right to withhold new funding until the applicant has satisfied all responsibilities associated with previously funded learning opportunities.
- Permanent, casual, part-time and temporary employees of Licensed Early Childhood Centres (including Early Years Centres, Preschool Centres and Family Home Centres) are eligible to receive funding under this program.
Training Program Eligibility
To be eligible for funding, the course be accredited post-secondary institutions that satisfy the requirements of the Early Learning and Child Care Board and must start prior to March 31, 2018.
Please contact Doreen Gillis, Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board at email@example.com or 902-368-6518 to confirm course eligibility.
- 100% of the cost for an eligible course.
- 100% of the cost of required textbooks are eligible for funding.
The following costs are not eligible for funding: course fees which are above the cost of the course, such as student fees, facility fees or other non-course related fees; meals; course materials in addition to required textbooks; salary; travel; accommodations; professional dues; membership fees; and exams without a delivered learning component.
- Proof of completion must be submitted upon conclusion of the course.
- Applicants must notify the fund administrator immediately if withdrawing an application or the course is canceled.
- Employees who receive funding and who do not complete the course must reimburse the amount granted.
- All invoices or receipts must be received by March 31, 2018.
Submit the completed application form and supporting documentation by mail, fax, or email to:
Garth Waite, Project Manager - F-P-T Early Learning and Child Care
Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture
250 Water St., Suite 101
Summerside, PEI C1N 1B6
Fax: (902) 438-4874
All applications must include:
- A completed and signed application form;
- Confirmation of course eligibility from the Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board;
- Supporting documentation, including course information, training institution, course dates, and fees.
Deadline: 4:00 pm, January 15, 2018
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions & Answers
For information contact Garth Waite at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 438-4880.