Early Childhood Education Training Grants
The purpose of the Early Childhood Education Training Grant is to provide our early childhood education workforce with the opportunity to develop and strengthen knowledge, skill base, and credentials necessary to provide excellence in early learning and child care.
Who can apply?
Permanent, casual, part-time and temporary employees of Licensed Early Childhood Centres (including Early Years Centres), Preschool Centres and Family Home Centres) are eligible to receive funding under this program.
Which training programs are eligible?
To be eligible for funding, the course must be provided by an accredited post-secondary institution that satisfies the requirements of the Early Learning and Child Care Board and must be scheduled to start during the period between April 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019.
The following courses are eligible:
- Holland College courses recognized towards meeting the requirement for ECE 1:
- Curriculum 1: Play is Learning
- Preschool Development
- Indirect Guidance
- Collège de l'Île courses recognized towards meeting the requirement for ECE 1:
- Curriculum I: le jeu au cœur de l’apprentissage
- Développement préscolaire
- Relation de soutien indirecte auprès de l’enfant
Many other courses are eligible as well. To confirm eligibility of other courses, Please contact Doreen Gillis, Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-368-6518 to confirm course eligibility.
What costs can this grant cover?
- 100% of the cost for an eligible course.
- 100% of the cost of required textbooks are eligible for funding.
The following costs are not eligible for funding: course fees which are above the cost of the course, such as student fees, facility fees or other non-course related fees; meals; course materials in addition to required textbooks; salary; travel; accommodations; professional dues; membership fees; and exams without a delivered learning component.
How much funding can I receive?
Annually, applicants will be eligible to receive a maximum allocation of up to $2,400 plus required text books to a maximum of $1,500, subject to availability of funds.
How can I apply?
What is the deadline to apply?
Applications must be received by:
- July 13, 2018 for courses starting between September 1 and December 31, 2018
- November 9, 2018 for courses starting between January 1 and March 31, 2019
What else do I need to know?
- Proof of completion for courses funded under this program must be submitted in the form of a transcript to the Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture before additional training grant applications under this program will be considered.
- Applicants must notify the fund administrator immediately if withdrawing an application or the course is cancelled.
- Employees who receive funding and who do not complete the course must reimburse the amount granted.
- The Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture reserves the right to withhold new funding until the applicant has satisfied all responsibilities associated with previously funded learning opportunities.
Submit the completed application form and supporting documentation by mail, fax, or email to:
Early Childhood Education Training Grant
c/o Melissa Raynor
Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture
250 Water St., Suite 101
Summerside, PEI C1N 1B6
Phone: 902 438-4852
Fax: (902) 438-4874
For information contact Garth Waite at email@example.com or (902) 438-4880
All applications must include:
- A completed and signed application form;
- Confirmation of course eligibility from the Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board;
- Supporting documentation, including course information, training institution, course dates, and fees.
Next Deadline: 4:00 pm, July 13, 2018
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Late applications will be considered during the next scheduled grant application round.